How can you identify and hire the best product design company that will suit your unique needs? When looking for product designers, it is important to keep in mind the fact that this is often a team effort and you also need a company with a high level of expertise and various professionals. They need to listen to your ideas and synthesize the input in order to come up with something tangible.
There are things that you need to focus on when looking for a good product design company. For example, you need to inquire about their design processes and determine if it adheres to international best practice. You also need a company that has a great deal of flexibility along with drive to help take your ideas to conclusion. A good product design company should be very eager to refine your ideas and look at your problems through various angles in order to come up with the best solutions possible. They must demonstrate empathy with your ideas when you have good ideas and also understand the broader goals that you are working on.
When interrogating the design process, you should ask to see how they execute a project design from start to finish when they launch the product in the marketplace. Ask about the past projects which they are most proud of and inquire why they were proud of those projects. Think clearly about your needs and see if the product design company has handled similar challenges in the past.
Things to Keep in Mind When Hiring Talented Product Designers
· It is important to understand that excellent product designers can come from anywhere but you can gain a competitive edge if you have a product designer that understands your market and which has executed projects in the past in the same niche.
· Hire a product designer that has an excellent pre-launch as well as post-launch experience on the past projects. They must be able to work competently through the entire product design cycle. For example, are they good at speccing? Can they design and build products from scratch? Can they offer excellent support and iteration?
· Look for happy users. If there is a startup that has recently launched a successful and innovative new product in your market, chances are that a very good product designer was behind it. Follow the trail in order to find this product designer and determine if you can work with them.
· View their portfolio: This should really be the first point. The best product designers will proudly develop a portfolio of their work, whether professional or personal, which shows their capabilities to potential clients. When evaluating the portfolio, however, do not just look at the finished product. Go through the design process by looking at their diagrams and sketches in order to try and decipher their design thinking and determine whether they uphold quality standards every step of the way. Check out DETEKT Design Limited
· Look at the professional aspects of their work such as detail orientation, innovation, creativity and intelligence when it comes to product design.
For more information, visit at http://www.detekt.ae/en/services/product-design/